These rich, fudgy chocolate brownies are gluten free. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert, or leave to cool before storing in an airtight container for an afternoon treat
- 250g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for the tin
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 300g golden caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract or paste
- 100g gluten-free plain flour, sieved
- 60g cocoa powder
- ½ tablespoon fine sea salt
- 150g milk chocolate, roughly cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 30 x 20cm non-stick tin with butter and line the base with non-stick baking parchment.
- Fill a small saucepan a third full with water, bring to a simmer and put a snug-fitting heatproof bowl on top of it.
- Add the butter and chocolate and gently melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Be careful not to let it catch and burn on the bottom.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together using an electric whisk for 8-10 minutes or until thick enough to leave a trail.
- Gently fold through the cooled melted chocolate and vanilla, followed by the flour, cocoa and salt.
- Finally, fold through the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined tin, place in the Centre of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Leave to cool a little in the tin before cutting into 12 squares
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.