For Dabeli Masala
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp fennel / saunf
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 1 pod black cardamom
- 6 clove
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sesame seed
- 2 tbsp dry coconut
- 3 dried red chilli
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp aamchur
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
For Aloo Mixture
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 potato / aloo (boiled & mashed)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp sev
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 2 tbsp spiced peanut
- 5 pav
- 5 tsp green chutney
- 5 tsp tamarind chutney
- 5 tsp onion (finely chopped)
- butter (for toasting)
Directions For Dabeli Masala Mixture
- Firstly, in a pan take 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp fennel, ½ tsp pepper, ½ inch cinnamon, 1 pod black cardamom and 6 clove.
- also, add 1 star anise, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp sesame seed, 2 tbsp dry coconut and 3 dried red chilli.
- Dry roast on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- Cool completely, and transfer to a small mixi jar.
- Add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp aamchur, 1 tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- Blend to a fine powder and dabeli masala is ready. keep aside.
Directions For Aloo Mixture
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Now take 3 tsp of prepared dabeli masala into a small cup, along with 2 tbsp tamarind chutney and ¼ cup water.
- Mix well making sure there are no lumps. pour in the masala mixture into the hot oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until it turns aromatic.
- Further, add 3 potato, ½ tsp salt and mix well.
- Mash and mix making sure everything are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate.
- Top with 1 tbsp coconut, 1 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp sev, 2 tbsp pomegranate and 2 tbsp spiced peanut.
Directions For Making Dabeli
- Firstly, slit the pav in the centre and spread 1 tsp green chutney on one side of pav and 1 tsp of tamarind chutney on another side.
- Stuff in prepared aloo dabeli mixture into the pav.
- Also stuff in 1 tsp of onion and aloo dabeli mixture.
- Now toast the pav in butter making sure both sides turn slightly golden brown.
- Finally, roll the dabeli into sev and serve immediately.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.