For Handva Batter
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup chana dal
- ¼ cup toor dal
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- ½ cup curd / yogurt
- 1 cup bottle gourd / lauki (grated)
- ½ cup cabbage (grated)
- ¼ cup carrot (grated)
- 3 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 2 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp eno / fruit salt
- 3 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp sesame / til
- few curry leaves
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- Firstly, soak 1 cup rice, ½ cup chana dal, ¼ cup toor dal, 2 tbsp urad dal for 3-4 hours.
- Add ½ cup curd and blend to a smooth but slightly coarse paste.
- Further add 1 cup grated bottle gourd, ½ cup grated cabbage, ¼ cup grated carrot and 3 tbsp coriander.
- Also add ½ tsp ginger paste, 1 green chilli, ½ tsp sugar, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, 2 tsp oil and ¾ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure the batter is slightly thick like idli batter consistency.
- Now add 1 tsp eno / fruit salt and mix gently.
- Bake the handvo in over or cook on tawa.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.