For Samolina Halwa
- ½ cup rava / semolina / suji
- 1½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup ghree / clarified butter
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
For Roasting and Garnishing
- 2 tbsp ghree / clarified butter
- 2 tbsp almond and cashew
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¼ tsp Cardamom powder
- Firstly, in a pan add 2 tbsp ghee and roast 7 cashew, 2 tbsp raisins on low flame.
- Once it turns golden brown, keep aside.
- In the remaining ghee add ½ cup rava/semolina and roast for 5 minutes on low flame. keep aside.
- In a large kadai get 1½ cup water to a rolling boil.
- Add roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously.
- The rava will absorb all the water and turn a lump-free mixture.
- Now add ½ cup sugar and continue to stir.
- Sugar dissolves completely and gets absorbed by rava.
- Further add ¼ cup ghee and 3 drops of yellow food color. Adding food color is completely optional.
- Now mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes making sure the rava is cooked completely.
- Further add roasted cashew, raisins and ½ tsp cardamom powder.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
Note: Coconut sugar will give a little bitter and caramelized taste, white sugar can be an alternative.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.