- 1 cup sweet corn kernels or 1 medium to large corn cob – steamed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Butter (optional)
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder or add as per taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoon lemon juice or add as required
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano or add as required
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of chopped coriander leaves
- Black salt or regular salt as required
Preparation For Masala Corn
- Steam or pressure cook 1 medium to large corn cob. You can steam 1 medium to large sweet corn cob in a steamer or a pressure cooker.
- If pressure cooking, then pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles in 1.5 cups water. You can also use 1 cup of tinned corn kernels.
- When the corn cob is still hot or warm, slice off the corn kernels from the cob. You should be able to handle the heat.
- If not, then wait till the corn cob becomes warm. Be careful while slicing the corn kernels. You will need about 1 cup of corn kernels.
Directions For Making Masala Corn
- Take the corn kernels in mixing bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons butter. The heat or warmth of the corn kernels will begin to melt the butter. Instead of butter you can also use olive oil.
- Mix the melted butter very well with the corn kernels. Alternatively, you can melt the butter and add to the corn.
- Now add all the seasonings – 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, 1 to 2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 2 to 3 teaspoons of chopped coriander leaves and black salt or regular salt as required.
- Mix very well.
- Check the taste and add more chilli powder, lemon juice, chaat masala if required.
- Remove in a bowl and serve masala corn immediately.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.