For Fada Lapsi
- 3 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2 cloves / lavang
- ½ cup daliya / broken wheat
- 2 cup water (hot)
- ¼ cup jaggery
- ½ cup water
For Flavour and Garnishing
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju (chopped)
- 2 tbsp almonds / badam (chopped)
- 2 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Few threads saffron / kesar (for garnishing)
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker heat 3 tbsp ghee and saute ½ inch cinnamon, 2 pods cardamom and 2 cloves until it turns aromatic.
- Now add ½ cup daliya and roast on low flame.
- Roast for 5 minutes or until the daliya turns aromatic.
- Further, add 2 cup hot water and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 5 whistles or until daliya is cooked completely.
- Open the cooker and add ¼ cup jaggery and ½ cup water.
- Mix well making sure the jaggery melts completely.
- Cook for 5 minutes or more until the jaggery thickens slightly.
- Now in a small kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and add 2 tbsp cashew, 2 tbsp almonds and 2 tbsp raisins.
- Roast until the nuts turn golden brown.
- Add in roasted nuts and ¼ tsp cardamom powder. mix well.
- Finally, enjoy fada lapsi garnished with chopped nuts and kesar.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.