For Basket Puri
- 250 gram or 2 cups all-purpose flour maida
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- ½ cup water or as required
For Special Masala
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp amchur powder
- 1 tbsp black salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 4 medium-size or 2 cup boiled potatoes pieces
- ½ cup boiled chana
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Masala
For Green Chuteny
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup cold water
For Sweet Chuteny
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup tamarind
- ½ cup jaggery
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp dry ginger powder
- Pinch of salt
For Assembling Chaat
- 6-7 basket puri
- Potato-chana masala
- Hung curd
- Green chutney
- Date-tamarind chutney
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onion
- Special masala
- Pomegranate seeds
Directions For Making Basket Puri
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt, and hot oil. Mix well into flour.
- Then add water gradually and knead the semi-soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Take one part of the dough and roll it into a log.
- Now with the help of a knife, cut small size ball for puri.
- Take one ball from and roll it into medium size and thin puri. Prick it with a fork.
- Now grease basket mould with oil and place puri on it. now take the second mould on puri and press lightly puri between two mould.
- Remove extra dough and Make all puri in the same way.
- Without mould place small size katori at the center of the puri and wrap it with puri. Remove extra dough and make all basket puri without mould.
- deep fry basket puri on medium-low flame till it turns golden and crisp.
- Drain off fried basket puri and repeat the process to make all basket puri.
- Store basket puri into air-tight container.
Directions For Making Special Masala
- In a bowl, add cumin powder, amchur powder, black salt, and red chili powder. Mix well. The special masala is ready.
Directions For Making Stuffing
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled and chopped potato pieces, boiled chana, coriander leaves, and special masala. mix well. Stuffing is ready, keep it aside.
Directions For Making Green Chuteny
- In a mixing jar, add green coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, chaat masala, lemon juice, sugar, roasted chana dal, salt, and cold water.
- grind it into a smooth paste.
Directions For Making Sweet Chuteny
- Making tamarind date chutney
- In a pan, add date and tamarind pulp and jaggery. Mix well
- Cook it for10-15 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add cumin powder, dry ginger powder, red chili powder, saunf powder, coriander powder. Mix well.
- Switch off the gas and sieve the chutney mixture.
- Tamarind-date chutney is ready.
Directions For Making Basket Chaat Puri
- Take a katori on a plate.
- Then topped it with masala, hung curd, green chutney, date-tamarind chutney, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, masala, sev, and pomegranate seed.
- Serve immediately.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.