Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 3 – 4 Persons
- 2 cup pressed rice
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- water as required
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 1/2 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
- 1 handful grated coconut
Directions For Making Matar Poha
- To prepare this delicious poha recipe, take it in a strainer and rinse properly to remove any impurities.
- The poha will soften in the rinsing process, drain the water properly and keep the pressed rice aside until required.
- Next, heat the oil in a pan over medium flame and add asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds in it.
- Saute for a few seconds and then add curry leaves along with chopped chillies in it. Saute the ingredients for another few seconds and then add the chopped onions to the pan, fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Now, add the washed poha along with the boiled peas in the pan.
- Quickly, add turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt in the pan and stir to mix all the ingredients for a minute. Add a little water in the pan and cover with a lid.
- Allow the flavours to get absorbed in the matar poha.
- Turn off the flame and cover the pan, let the poha cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish the matar poha with coriander leaves and grated coconut. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.