Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 5 Persons
- 2 cup oats
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 medium tomato
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup semolina
- 2 cups yoghurt (curd)
- To start making these delicious uttapams, take a chopping board and chop-washed spinach leaves, tomato, onions and ginger.
- Now place a pan over low flame and add semolina and oats in it. Roast them until the semolina turns slightly brown. Once roasted, transfer them into the grinder and grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix in finely chopped ginger, salt, baking soda and asafoetida. Shift this powder into a bowl and set aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Now put in spinach leaves, onion pieces and tomato pieces in the bowl. Mix them well with the dry ingredients.
- Next, over medium flame, place a pan and heat oil it. Pour 2 tbsp of the prepared batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Pour 2-3 drops of oil on the outer edges of the uttapam and on the top as well. Firmly press the uttapam with a ladle to roast it nicely. Once the uttapam gets slightly brown from the bottom, flip it and roast the other side similarly.
- Once ready, place the uttapam over a plate and similarly make other uttapams and serve with coconut chutney or hot sambhar.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.