- 1.5 cups chilled greek yogurt or greek style yogurt – 400 grams
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder or 2 to 3 green cardamoms – crushed fine in a mortar
- 2 to 3 pinches grated nutmeg or ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar (fine or superfine) or raw sugar or powdered sugar – add as required
- ½ to 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 12 to 15 saffron strands or 1 pinch
- 1 to 2 tablespoon nuts (of your choice) – cashews, almonds or pistachios
Directions For Making Hung Curd
- Take warm milk in a small bowl. Add 2 pinch of saffron strands. Stir and keep aside.
- In a mortar powder 4 to 5 green cardamoms. Keep aside.
- Take the chakka or hung curd in a bowl.
- Add fine sugar. Lightly stir with a spatula or spoon. You can also use powdered sugar.
- Then add the saffron dissolved milk and powdered saffron.
- Using an electric beater, begin to whip the hung curd. You can also beat the hung yogurt in a blender.
- Whip till smooth. The sugar should also dissolve. Check the taste and add more sugar if required.
- With a silicon spatula scrape the beaters’ sides and edges of the hung curd and add to the bowl.
- You can chill the shrikhand in fridge and later serve. While serving shrikhand, top with some sliced dry fruits. You can also top shrikhand with crushed dry fruits. I added some crushed pistachios for garnish.
Directions For Greek Yogurt Shreekhand
- In a small bowl, take milk and warm it on a stove top or in a microwave. Add a pinch of saffron strands. Stir and keep aside.
- Then in a mixing bowl take the chilled greek yogurt.
- Add fine or superfine sugar or raw sugar or powdered sugar. Add sugar according to your taste. First add ⅓ cup and if required you can add 1 to 2 tablespoons more. For a more sweeter taste add ½ cup sugar.
- With a wired whisk and with brisk round movements, mix sugar with the yogurt, as well as beat the yogurt until it becomes smooth and without any tiny yogurt granules.
- You should get a smooth, creamy consistency in the yogurt.
- Now add the saffron soaked milk, cardamom powder and 2 to 3 pinches of nutmeg powder.
- Mix again very well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to a couple of hours. You can also keep overnight or for a couple of days.
- While serving, sprinkle some sliced or chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, chironji) and 2 to 3 saffron strands (optional).
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.