For Khajur Pak
- 1½ cup dates / khajur (seedless)
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup milk powder
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- ½ cup almonds / badam (chopped)
- ½ cup cashew / kaju (chopped)
- ½ cup walnuts / akharot (chopped)
- ¼ cup raisins / kishmish
- 2 tbsp sesame / til
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dry coconut (grated)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast ½ cup almonds, ½ cup cashew, ½ cup walnuts and ¼ cup raisins.
- roast on low flame until the dry fruits turn golden and crunchy.
- now add 2 tbsp sesame, 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds and 2 tbsp sunflower seeds.
- continue to roast until they turn crunchy.
- keeping the flame on low add ¼ cup dry coconut and roast until the coconut turns golden brown.
- in a blender take 1½ cup pitted dates and blend without adding water. pulse and blend to prevent from mixi getting stuck.
- now add in dates paste to the roasted nuts.
- continue to roast until the dates are well combined with nuts.
- to prepare khova, heat 1 tsp ghee and add ¼ cup milk.
- now add ½ cup full cream milk powder.
- keeping the flame on low, stir continuously.
- the mixture starts to thicken.
- after 5 minutes, the mixture starts to separate from the pan.
- keep mixing until it forms a lump. finally, instant khoya is ready.
- transfer the khova over the dry fruit mixture. you can alternatively use 100 grams of store brough khova.
- also, add ½ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- break the lumps and continue to cook on low flame until everything is well combined.
- transfer the prepared mixture into a greased plate lined with baking paper.
- set well forming a block.
- allow setting for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- now unmould and cut into pieces.
- finally, serve khajur pak or store in an airtight container for a month in the refrigerator.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.