For Mango Matho
- 1 pound full-fat plain yogurt (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup mango pulp (fresh or canned)
For Flavour and Garnishing
- 10-12 saffron strands
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ cup slivered nuts (Mix of almonds, cashew nuts, and pistachios)
- Keep a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl and line the strainer with a muslin cloth.
- Transfer yogurt to the strainer and keep the bowl in the refrigerator for 12-18 hours. If using Greek yogurt, then you can reduce the time to 6-7 hours.
- The liquid will drip from the yogurt making it thick and creamy. The thick yogurt that is collected now is called CHAKKA.
- Discard the liquid.
- Stir together milk and saffron strands in a small bowl and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Transfer the thickened yogurt to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, mango pulp, cardamom powder, and saffron strands soaked in milk to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients using a wire whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate the mango matho for a few hours. Garnish with slivered nuts. Serve chilled.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.