For Pressure Cooking
- 2 cup moth beans / matki (sprouts)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
For Masala Paste
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 inch ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ cup dry coconut / kopra
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli pwoder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala / goda masala
- small piece jaggery / gud
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 cup water
- 2 cup farsan / mixture
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 6 pav
- 1 lemon (quarter)
Directions For Making Misal Pav
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp jeera and few curry leaves.
- Also add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
- Saute on low flame till spices turn aromatic.
- Now add in prepared masala paste and saute well.
- Cook till the oil is released from masala paste.
- Add in cooked matki, small piece jaggery and ½ tsp salt. give a good mix.
- Also add 5 cup water and adjust consistency.
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes or till misal is cooked completely.
- Once the misal is cooked, oil starts to float indicating misal is ready.
- In a serving plate, take matki usal add some farsan over it.
- Top with chopped onions and coriander leaves over it.
- Also pour ladleful of kat or gravy from sides.
- Finally, serve misal with pav and lemon wedges making a complete misal pav recipe.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.