Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- 200 gm chana dal
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- salt as required
- sev as required
Directions For Making Locho
- Wash the dal 3-4 times and then soak it in water for 2-3 hours. Drain the water and add the dal to a blender. Blend to form a coarse mixture.
- Now add ¾ cup water, 1 tbsp besan, 2 tbsp curd and salt as per taste. Blend again to form a batter. Take out this batter in a bowl, cover it with a lid and let it ferment for 3 hours.
- Now add finely chopped green chilli, grated ginger, turmeric, asafoetida, baking soda and peanut oil to the batter. Whisk well for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and steam it for 10-12 minutes. Once steamed, take out the Locho on a plate by scraping it off from the tin.
- Garnish the Locho with red chilli powder, cumin powder, sev and serve along with some chopped onion and mint chutney on the side.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.