Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 3 – 4 Persons
- 400 grams onion
- 3 chilli (finely chopped)
- few curry leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cup besan / gram flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- oil (for frying)
Directions For Making Oninon Pakora
- Firstly, thinly slice the onions. make sure to slice of uniform thickness as it helps to fry easily.
- Transfer the sliced onion into a large bowl.
- Add 3 chilli, few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander, 1 tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp ginger paste and ¾ tsp salt.
- Squeeze and mix well making sure all the spices are well combined and onions release moisture.
- Further add 1½ cup besan, ¼ cup rice flour and mix well.
- Squeeze and mix without adding any water.
- The water in the onion is enough to form the dough. add more besan if required.
- Now drop the dough into hot oil forming a random shape.
- Fry on medium flame stirring occasionally.
- Fry until the pakoda turns golden brown and crisp.
- Finally, drain off the pakoda and enjoy with hot tea.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.