Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp jeera / cumin
- few curry leaves
- 10 cashew / kaju (whole)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 chilli (slit)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- ½ carrot (finely chopped)
- 5 beans (finely chopped)
- ¼ capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp peas / matar
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut (grated)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Directions For Making Oats Upma
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp urad dal, ½ tsp jeera, few curry leaves and 10 cashews.
- Saute until the cashews turn golden brown.
- Now add 1 inch ginger, 2 chilli and ½ onion. saute well.
- Furthermore add ½ carrot, 5 beans, ¼ capsicum, 2 tbsp peas, ½ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp salt.
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup water and get it to a boil. if using instant oats, just add ¼ cup water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add in roasted oats and mix well.
- Mix until the oats absorb all the water.
- Now cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until oats gets cooked well.
- Furthermore add ¼ tsp salt, 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp coconut and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Finally, enjoy vegetable oats upma as a healthy breakfast or pack to the lunch box.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.