Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 3 Persons
- 6 to 7 medium to large green chillies – Bhavnagri chilies or picador chillies
- oil for deep frying, as required
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder or cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 pinch baking soda (optional)
- salt as required
- water as required, to make a thick flowing batter
Directions For Making Kanda Poha
- Prep the green chilies by rinsing them well in water a few times. Wipe them dry with a clean kitchen towel and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl take all the dry ingredients – gram flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, asafoetida (hing), baking soda (optional) and salt as required.
- Add water in parts so as to form a thick flowing batter. Whisk for a couple of minutes to aerate the batter.
- Now slit the green chili from one side. Keep the stem intact. Take care not to break the chilies. With a small spoon remove the seeds and the pith.
- Dip the chili in the batter. Evenly coat the mirch (chillies) with batter and also apply some batter inside the green chili.
- Before batter coating the chilies heat any neutral flavored oil with a high smoking point in a kadai (wok) or a pan.
- Let the oil become medium hot. Then add the batter coated chilies in the medium hot oil.
- When one side is light golden and the batter has firmed up, gently turn it over with a slotted spoon. Continue to fry the second side.
- This way turn over as needed few times and deep fry them in oil till they turn golden and crisp.
- Once done remove with a slotted spoon and place them on kitchen paper towels to abosrb extra oil.
- While serving sprinkle some chaat masala on them.
- Serve mirchi pakoda hot or wam with pav (dinner rolls), bread or serve as a side dish with any Indian meal. They also taste good with a dipping sauce like tamarind chutney or coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.