Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Serves: 3 – 4 Persons
- ¼ cup methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) – tightly packed, chopped
- ¾ cup gram flour (besan)
- ¼ cup water or add as required
- 1 onion small-sized, finely chopped (optional) or ¼ to ⅓ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 green chilli or ½ to 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- ½ inch ginger – finely chopped or ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 pinches red chilli powder or cayenne pepper or paprika
- 2 to 3 pinches turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- salt as required
- oil as required for shallow frying or deep frying
Directions For Making Batter
- In a mixing bowl, take the chopped fenugreek leaves, finely chopped onions, green chillies and ginger.
- Also add 2 to 3 pinches of red chilli powder, 2 to 3 pinches of turmeric, 1 pinch of asafoetida, 1 pinch of baking soda and salt as required.
- Add the gram flour and water. The amount of water requires depends upon the quality of the gram flour.
- Begin to mix very well to make a pakora batter without any lumps. The batter is of medium consistency. Keep the batter covered for 5 to 6 minutes.
Directions For Frying Pakora
- Heat oil for shallow frying or deep frying in a kadai or pan. When the oil becomes moderately hot, add spoonfuls of the pakoda batter to the hot oil. Keep the heat to medium to medium high.
- Once the pakoras are cooked lightly, turn over and cook the other side.
- Fry the pakoras till they become golden and crisp.
- Remove the fried pakoras with a slotted spoon. Drain as much oil as possible while removing them.
- Drain them on kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve these methi pakodas hot with tomato sauce, cilantro chutney or tamarind chutney. They also go well as a starter snack or can also be had with roti or bread.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.