Prepare time: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas(kabuli chana), soaked in water for 8 hours OR 1¼ cup boiled or canned Chickpeas, water removed
- 1 small Potato, boiled, peeled and chopped(approx. 1/2 cup), optional
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1 small Tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Green Chutney
- 2 tablespoons Khajur Imli ki Chutney(sweet date tamarind chutney)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 4 tablespoons Sev and pomegranate, for garnishing.
Directions For Making Chana Chaat
- For 1¼ cups boiled chickpeas – Drain water from soaked chickpeas and transfer them in a pressure cooker. Cook them in salted water for 4-5 whistles or until soft over medium flame.
- Boil chickpeas and potato together to speed up the process. Don’t forget to add salt while boiling the potato to get even salty taste. Drain the water and add boiled chickpeas in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped potato.
- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped onion, 1 tablespoon green chutney and 2 tablespoons sweet khajur imli ki chutney.
- Add 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato. Add 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder and salt (add only if you have not added salt while boiling the chickpeas and potato).
- Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and taste for the seasonings. If required, add more chutneys or salt as per your taste and mix well.
- Transfer chaat mixture to two individual serving plates or bowls. Garnish each plate with 2 tablespoons sev. Aloo Chana chaat is ready for serving. Serve it immediately for better taste.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.