For Dry SPicy Stuffing
- 1/4 cup Papdi Gathiya or Sev, crushed into coarse powder
- 2 tablespoons Dry Coconut, grated
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 3 tablespoons Cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (lal mirch)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons + as required for deep frying Oil
For Crisp Outer Layer
- 1½ cups Maida (all purpose flour)
- 3 tablespoons Oil
Directions For Making Dry Samosa
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a small kadai (pan) to roast all stuffing ingredients. Add dry coconut, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and dry mango powder; sauté them over low flame for 1 minute.
- Add crushed gathiya, sugar and salt. Mix and roast dry stuffing mixture for a minute. Turn off flame and transfer it to a bowl. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Dry fruit mixed stuffing for dry samosa is ready.
- Mix maida, salt and 3 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Knead a semi-stiff dough (like paratha dough) by adding lukewarm water as needed.
- Divide dough into 9 equal portions and give them a shape of ball (like medium size lemon). Roll out each ball in to thick circular puri having approx. 5-6 inch diameter. Cut it straight through center and divide it into two equal parts.
- Give each part a shape of cone as shown in the picture.
- Put approx 1-2 teaspoons stuffing mixture in cone. Lightly wet open edges of cone with water and press them to seal properly.
- Heat oil over low flame for deep frying. When it is sufficiently hot, carefully slide or drop 5-6 stuffed triangles in oil and deep fry them over low flame until they turn light brown. Deep fry remaining stuffed triangles. Crispy and spicy dry samosas are ready. Serve them with tea or coffee. You can store it for 15 days in an air tight container at room temperature.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.