For Crisp Outer Layer
- 1½ cups Maida (all purpose flour)
- 3½ tablespoons Oil
For Dry Spicy Stuffing
- 1/2 cup Papdi Gathiya or Sev, crushed like coarse powder or Roasted Gram Flour
- 1½ tablespoons Date Tamarind Chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1½ teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Peppercorns, crushed coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder (aamchur)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds (til)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Coriander Seeds (dhaniye ki bij)
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy Seeds (khuskhus)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts (roughly chopped)
- 10-12 pieces Raisins (kismis)
- 2 tablespoons Almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon + for deep frying Oil
Directions For Making Dry Kachori
- Crush gathiya or sev to medium coarse powder or roast the gram flour until light golden brown.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan or kadai over low flame. Add all stuffing ingredients except crushed gathiya, date tamarind chutney, sugar and salt; sauté over low flame for 30 seconds.
- Add crushed gathiya, date tamarind chutney, sugar and salt. Mix properly and roast for a minute. Turn off the flame and let it cool for 4-5 minutes. Dry and spicy stuffing for kachori is ready.
- Take maida, salt and 3½ tablespoons oil in a large bowl and mix well. Add warm water as needed and knead a smooth dough (like paratha dough).
- Divide dough into 16 small lemon size portions and give them a shape of ball. Roll out each ball into thick circular puri having approx. 4-inch diameter.
- Put 1-2 teaspoons stuffing mixture in the center of puri. Wrap stuffing with puri and seal its edges and again give it a shape of ball.
- Heat oil over medium flame to deep fry kachoris. When oil is medium hot, carefully slide or drop 5-6 raw balls in oil and deep fry over low flame until they turn light brown. Deep fry the remaining balls in same way.
- Crispy and spicy dry kachori is ready. Enjoy it on its own or serve it with green chutney. You can store it in an air tight container for 15 days at room temperature.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.