Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 8 to 9 mini idlis
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp water or as required
Directions For Making Masala Idli
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Chop each idli into 4 pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot add chopped onion.
- Stir well and cook till onion becomes soft and light pink in color.
- Now add green chili and ginger paste.
- Mix and saute for 30 seconds or till the raw smell of ginger goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt over it to speed up the cooking process.
- Cook till the tomatoes soften.
- As it gets cooked, it will be soft. That time mash them using a spatula and make it pulpy.
- Add chopped capsicum.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then lower the flame and add 2 tbsp water.
- Mix well and simmer the gravy on a low flame.
- Add remaining spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and pav bhaji masala.
- Mix the spices very well and cook for a minute.
- Now add chopped idlis.
- Mix gently so the masala is coated to each and every piece, so as not to break them. The idlis will absorb the gravy and become moist and soft.
- Lastly, add the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Serve masala idli hot as a snack or as a breakfast or with a hot cup of tea.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.