Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- 3 bananan (ripened)
- ¼ cup jaggery / gud
- 1 cup wheat flour / atta
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- pinch of salt
- oil for deep frying
Directions For Making Banana Appam
- Firstly, peel 3 ripped bananas and cut them into pieces. well ripped bananas give great results.
- Mash them with the help of fork making sure there are no lumps.
- Also add ¼ cup jaggery and mix well till the jaggery melts completely.
- Now add 1 cup wheat flour, ¼ tsp cardamom powder and pinch of salt.
- Mix well combining all the ingredients well.
- Add more banana puree or water to make thick cake batter consistency,
- Now dip your hand in water, and start dropping them one by one to hot oil.
- Keep the flame in low to medium and stir occasionally.
- Also fry the appam till they turn dark golden brown.
- Drain off the appam on to kitchen towel to absorb oil.
- Finally, serve banana appam or balehannu mulka topped with fresh ghee.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.