For Kachori Dough
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Ghee, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups Green peas (Matar)
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, small bunch, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
Directions For Making Corn Matar Kachori
- To begin making the Corn Matar Kachori Recipe, we will first make the dough for the outer crust of the Matar Kachori.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Kachori dough to form a crumble like texture. Gradually add water into the flour mixture and knead to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Once all the flour has come together, keep kneading for 3 to 4 minutes so the dough becomes smooth and soft. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes till we prepare the filling for the kachori.
- The next step is to make the filling for the Corn and Matar Kachori.
- Into a food processor, add all the filling ingredients and pulse to make a coarse mixture. Once the kachori filling is ready, transfer to a bowl, check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste.
- The next step is the roll out the dough and make the Matar Kachoris. You can either shape them as flat breads or keep it as a ball, its a personal choice.
- And to cook the Kachori’s you can either use an air fryer, bake in oven or deep fry them. I have tried all the methods and my favorite has been with the Air Fryer.
- The best part about using the Air Fryer is, I was able to pre-make these Kachoris in the Air Fryer and reheat it in the Air Fryer to make it crisp again.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 15 equal portions and roll out each dough into 2 inch diameter circles.
- Place a spoonful of the filling in the center of the rolled out dough. Bring all the sides of the dough together to seal the filling. Twist the dough to seal the Corn Matar Kachori well. When you bring the dough you might find some excess dough collected on the top, remove this dough.
- Proceed to make the remaining Matar Kachoris the similar way.
- You can either choose to keep the Kachori like a ball or roll the Kachori gently to make a 3 inch diameter circle. Take care when you roll, as the filling might spill out.
- If you are using the Air Fryer or the Oven, then preheat them at 180 C for about 15 minutes. Place the Kachoris in the Air Fryer Basket or the Baking sheet (for the oven) and bake until the Kachoris are golden brown and crisp on all sides.
- If you plan to deep fry them, then preheat the oil for deep frying. Once the oil is heated, fry the Kachoris on low to medium heat until you get a deep golden brown color and it is crisp. Once golden, drain on absorbent paper and proceed to make the remaining Kachoris the similar way.
- Serve these mouth watering Corn and Matar Kachoris as a tea time or evening snack along with green chuteny and seet chuteny. You can also serve them as starter for dinner parties.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.