Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- 8 to 10 bread slices – whole wheat bread, brown bread or white bread
- 1 tomato medium to large, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or add as required
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or add as required
- ½ teaspoon dried basil or add as required
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper or black pepper powder, add as required
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or add as required, optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Butter (softened) or add as required
Directions For Making Tomato Cheese Sandwich
- First rinse 1 medium to large tomato and wipe dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Slice and discard the top part of the tomato. Thinly slice the tomatoes. But do not cut into transparent thin slices.
- Spread butter on all the bread slices.
- Place 3 to 4 tomato slices on half of the buttered bread slices.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of herbs, black pepper, or red chili flakes. You can also sprinkle some 1 to 2 pinches of salt if you like.
- Cover with the remaining half of the bread slices.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet or tawa and brush some softened butter on it.
- Place the prepared cheese and tomato sandwich on the skillet and gently move it around so that is soaks up the butter.
- Place a plate or lid on the sandwich. On top of the plate place a heavyweight like mortar or a heavy bowl. Or you could just use a heavy plate or tray.
- When the bottom bread is grilled well, toasted evenly with a golden crust, then remove the lid and heavy weight. Brush some butter on top side.
- With a spatula turn over the sandwich. You will see the crisp and grilled side facing you.
- Place the lid and heavy weight again and grill till the bottom bread is golden.
- Remove and serve hot or warm.
- On a large skillet or tawa or frying pan, you can easily toast 2 to 3 sandwiches together.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.