- 3 cups cooked basmati rice or any rice (from 1 cup raw basmati rice)
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- ½ cup onions thinly sliced
- ½ cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- few curry leaves
- few cashew nuts roasted
- a pinch asafetida (hing)
- 2 tablespoons oil (or ghee)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon sambhar powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves
- 1 green cardamon(elachi)
- ½ inch cinnamon(dal chini)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
Directions For Making Carrot Rice
- Heat oil/ghee in a Kadai. Add whole spices, and saute for a few seconds or till aromatic.
- Then add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add green chilies, curry leaves, and hing (asafetida). Saute for a few seconds.
- Next, add onions, and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the onions are light brown.
- Then add green peas, and chopped carrot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- And then, add turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala, sambar powder, and salt—Cook for another minute.
- Add cooked basmati rice, mix everything well and turn off the gas.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves & roasted cashews. Serve this carrot rice hot with raita or yogurt
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.