Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 2½ cups Steamed Rice (or 3/4 cup raw rice)
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 3 tablespoons Peanuts (ground nuts)
- 6-8 Cashewnuts (kaju), optional
- A pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal (split black gram)
- 1/2 tablespoon Chana Dal
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Dry Red Chillies, broken into pieces
- 1-2 Green Chillies, cut lengthwise, optional
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
Directions For Making Lemon Rice
- Wash and soak 3/4 cup raw rice in water for 15 minutes. Cook it with 1&1/2 cups water in a pressure cooker for 2-whistles over medium flame.
- Remove the cooker from the flame and let the pressure inside pressure cooker comes down naturally. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Cook the rice 2-3 hours in advance to keep the rice grain separated. You can also use the leftover rice for this recipe.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan over medium flame. Add 3 tablespoons raw peanuts and 6-8 cashew nuts.
- Stir fry them until they turn light golden brown. Transfer them to a plate.
- Add remaining 1-tablespoon oil in the same pan. Add 1 teaspoon mustard seeds; when they start to crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida, 1 teaspoon urad dal and 1/2 tablespoon chana dal. Saute until they turn light golden brown.
- Add 7-8 curry leaves, 1 dry red chilli and 1 green chilli.
- Saute for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Add steamed rice.
- Add fried peanuts and cashew nuts, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the flame. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.