- 2 cups cooked basmati rice or any rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrot, beans, peas, bell pepper)
- ½ cup onions finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- few curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 1 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- a pinch hing (asafetida)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
Directions For Making Masala Rice
- Firstly take ginger, garlic, and whole spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom in a mortar pestle and crush till you get a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil/ghee in a kadai. Add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add green chilies, curry leaves, hing (asafoetida), and ginger-garlic-spice mixture. Saute for a few seconds till the raw smell of the ginger garlic goes away.
- Next, add onions. Saute till onions are light brown in color.
- Then add the mixed vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes till the vegetables are tender.
- Next add the cooked rice and spices like turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix it well.
- Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over it. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve vegetable spiced rice.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.