Prepare time: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 2/3 cup Basmati Rice (long grained rice)
- 3/4 cup sliced Red, Yellow and Green Capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1½ tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 1 small piece of Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 medium Onion, chopped or sliced (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup Curd (plain yogurt), optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder, optional
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons chopped Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
Directions For Making Capcicum Pulao
- Wash the rice in water for 3-4 times and soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- Take a 2-3 liter capacity pressure cooker or a pan with lid. Heat 1½ tablespoons oil over medium flame in it for sauteing the spices. Add 1-teaspoon cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add 2-cloves, 1-green cardamom, a small piece of cinnamon and a bay leaf. Sauté them for few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion and sauté until onion turns light pink.
- Add sliced capsicum and salt (adjust only for capsicums). We have used Red and Green capsicums in this recipe but you can use either only green capsicum or different colored capsicums according to your choice and availability.
- Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soaked rice and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup plain curd, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder and 1-teaspoon coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add 1 & 1/3 cup water and salt. Mix well.
- Close the cooker with a lid and cook for 2-whistles over medium flame. (If you are using a pan, bring the mixture to a boil over medium flame, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-12 minutes over low flame. Don’t open the lid in between or the rice may not cook properly.)
- Turn off the flame. Let the pressure come down naturally. Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Capsicum rice is now ready for serving. Serve it with mint raita or plain curd and enjoy.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.