For Oninon Puree
- 1 cup Red onion chopped
- ½ inch Ginger chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 2-4 Green chilies chopped
- ¼ cup Cashew nuts
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Water
For Spinach Puree
- 5 cups Water
- 6 cups Spinach (Palak)
For Palak Paneer
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ¼ cup Tomatoes finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) crush between your palm before adding
- 7 oz (200 grams) Paneer cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons Heavy whipping cream or fresh cream or malai
Directions For Making Palak Paneer
Making Onion Puree
- Take onion gravy ingredients (onion, ginger, garlic, green chilies, cashews, salt and water) in a saucepan and turn the heat on medium.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Let the mixture cool down slightly and then transfer to the blender jar along with its cooking water. Blend into a smooth puree.
- Pour the puree into a bowl and keep it aside. We’ll use the same blender jar to make spinach puree.
Making Spinach Puree
- Bring 5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Keep this pot on another stove while onions are cooking as water takes time to get to a boil. Add spinach leaves and push the leaves in the water using a spatula.
- Let it cook for exactly 4 minutes.
- With the help of a pair of tongs take all the leaves out and add them into the ice-cold water immediately to stop the cooking process.
- Now drain the cold water and take spinach to the blender jar. Blend into a smooth puree.
Making Palak Paneer
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy. With the back of the spatula mash the tomatoes.
- Add prepared onion puree. Mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes only. Do not brown the gravy.
- Add remaining salt, black salt, garam masala and crushed kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Add prepared spinach puree. Mix well, adjust the gravy consistency by adding water (if needed) and let it simmer for 2 minutes only. Do not cook for longer otherwise, the gravy will lose its green color.
- Add paneer and heavy cream.
- Mix well and let the gravy come to a simmer and turn off the stove right away.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.