- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 medium size chopped Onion
- 1 chopped Tomato
- 1 peeled and cubed Potato
- 1 chopped Beans
- 1 chopped Carrot
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu
- ½ cup grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Kaduku
- 1 tsp Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
Directions For Making Vegetable Kootu
- Cook moong dal till it gets soft. Set aside.
- Grind ingredients given for grinding to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil and add in onions, tomatoes and saute for couple of mins.
- Add in all veggies and salt. Mix well. Saute for 5 mins or so.
- Now add a splash of water and cover with a lid. Simmer the pan and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 mins till veggies are cooked.
- Now add in cooked dal, coconut masala, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Now make seasoning by heating oil and crackling mustard, urad dal and curry leaves. Pour this into the curry and mix well.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.