Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- 200 gms Paneer (cottage cheese), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon Nigella Seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 4-5 Cashewnuts, optional
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon crushed Ginger-Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 cup beaten Curd (or yogurt)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri Methi, optional
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
Directions For Making Achari Paneer
- Take all spices (fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds,fennel seeds, nigella seeds and cumin seeds). Don’t add too much fenugreek seeds as it gives the bitter taste to the curry.
- Add above mentioned spices in a pan and dry roast them together over medium flame for a minute or until nice aroma comes.
- Let the spices cool for few minutes. Transfer them to the small jar of a mixer grinder and grind to a medium coarse powder.
- Add chopped tomato and cashewnuts in the same jar of grinder.
- Grind until smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai over medium flame. Add asafoetida and green chilli-ginger paste and sauté for approx. 30 seconds. Add tomato puree.
- Sauté until oil starts to seperate. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Add crushed spices powder (prepared in step-3).
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Reduce flame to low and add beaten curd.
- Stir and cook for a minute.
- Add paneer cubes, kasuri methi and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the flame. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Achari paneer is ready for serving. Serve it hot with roti or paratha.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.