Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 3 Persons
- Banana – 2 no.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp.
- Coconut Oil – 1 cup
Directions For Making Unnakaya
- To begin, steam the bananas in a pressure cooker.
- Next, take a pan and heat it. Put two tablespoons of sugar and add some water; just enough to soak the sugar.
- Stir well. Wait for the sugar to become syrupy. Into this add grated coconut.
- Next, add the raisins and mix nicely.
- Add to this some cardamom and continue stirring. You may now remove the pan from the fire.
- Now it is time to take out the steamed bananas.
- Make a paste out of it. Take a small ball of that paste and spread it inside your palm.
- Apply some coconut oil on your palm, so that the ball will not stick.
- Take some coconut-sugar-raisin mixture and place it inside the flattened banana paste.
- Wrap it and gently pat with your fingers to give it a spindle shape.
- Once enough pieces are ready, heat some oil and fry the pieces.
- Golden brown Unnakayas are ready to go with your tea or coffee.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.