For the Chicken Stuffing
- 300 grams Chicken , minced
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Coconut Oil, for cooking
- Salt, to taste
For the Pathiri
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Salt, to taste
Directions For Making Chicken Chatti Pathiri
- To begin making the Kerala Style Chicken Chatti Pathiri Recipe, we will first heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil, add curry leaves and allow it to splutter. Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and fry them till they turn translucent. At this point you can add minced chicken along with all the spice powders – turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder, salt and give it a toss.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your taste and saute well till the chicken is cooked. Keep it aside.
- To make the pathiri batter, in a mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, all-purpose flour along with ½ cup of water and mix to form batter that is similar to that of a pancake batter.
- Now heat up a small flat skillet on medium heat, add a ladle full of the pathiri batter and swirl it around, Shape it like crepes and keep it as thin as possible. Flip and cook, ensuring it is just about cooked and no brown spots appear.
- Repeat the same process till you finish the batter, to make enough crepes for layering.
- Now layer each crepe with the chicken mixture and build it up. Crepe-chicken-crepe, repeat the layers. Heat a skillet with oil, carefully place the layered Chicken Pathiri, and roast till it is light brown. Carefully flip it over and roast it on the other side. Turn off the flame.
- Serve the Kerala Style Chicken Chatti Pathiri Recipe along with Masala Chai Recipe – Indian Spiced Tea or Ginger Cardamom Chai to enjoy your evening snack.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further discussions.