Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serves: 5 Persons
- 12-15 eggs
- 400 grams sugar
- Water, as required
Directions For Making Mutta Maala
- Take two clean and dry bowls and start separating the egg whites and yolks. Make sure there is no egg white in the yolk bowl.
- Pass the egg yolks through a muslin cloth into another clean and dry bowl.
- Now, take a deep-bottomed pan and add 2.5 cups of water and sugar. Pro-tip- You can add a teaspoon or two of egg white to remove the impurities from the sugar for a clear syrup.
- Let the syrup boil by stirring it continuously. Remove the egg white scum formed on the surface of the syrup.
- Let the syrup boil till you get a string consistency.
- Now, take a plastic cup and make a small hole on the bottom to let the egg yolks pass through it.
- Cover the hole with one of your fingers and pour the egg yolks into the cup to fill at least 3/4th of it.
- Reduce the flame with the syrup to medium. Pour the egg yolks in the boiling syrup to form string-like noodles.
- Let the noodles cook in the syrup for a minute or two.
- Once they are cooked, remove them from the syrup without breaking them and transfer them to a flat plate with a paper towel to soak the excess syrup.
- Repeat this process with the leftover egg yolks and serve these noodles with Muttasurkha/Kinnathappam.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.