Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- 1/2 kg sugar
- 1/2 kg cornflour or maida
- 1/4 kg almonds
- 100 gm pistachio
- 50 gm green cardamom
- 1/2 kg ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 liters water
- 1 tsp saffron
Directions For Making Sohan Halwa
- Heat 1 liter water, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup milk and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain it through a muslin bag or thin cloth.
- Add the remaining water and sugar syrup.
- Dissolve 1 tsp saffron in warm water and add.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water. Add to the cornflour mixture and cook over low flame.
- When cornflour becomes thick, add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Continue adding ghee (1/2 kg) slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Stir it well. As ghee separates from the mixture, then it is ready.
- Add almonds, pistachio & green cardamoms in it.
- Grease a pan or tray with oil.
- Spread halwa in it & press with a wooden spoon to flatten it.
- Garnish it with almonds, pistachio and cardamoms.
- As it cools down, cut it into pieces and serve.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to email@example.com for any further discussions.