Prepare time: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Serves: 4 Persons
- Kerala ripe banana-2large
- Cashew nut-1/4 cup
- Riaisns-1/4 cup
- White cuscus/ Poppy seeds-2tbsp
Ingredients for the layer (Pathiri)
- Flour-1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water-enough to knead
- Cardamom powder-1/2tsp
Directions For Making Sweet Chatti Pathiri
- Heat ghee in a pan add cashew nuts. saute for a minute and as raisins.
- Roast until golden in color and takeout in to a plate.
- In the remaining ghee add chopped bananas and 1tbsp of sugar.
- Saute until golden brown in color.keep aside.
- In the same pan stir fry eggs by adding 1tbsp of sugar.
- Move in to one side of the pan and add coconut with one tablespoon of sugar.
- Saute until the coconut absorbs all the water contents in it.
- Mix it with eggs for a minute and keep aside.
- Dry roast cus cus for a minute in low flame.
- Now all the fillings ingredients are ready.keep it aside until the layers gets ready.
Preparation for the layer (Pathiri)
- Add flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Add water slowly and knead in to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in to 7 equal bowls.
- Roll each balls to extra thin circles of same size.
- Heat a tawa and cook each of these pathiri for just two seconds on one side only.
Assembling of Chattipathiri:
- Divide the banana and stir fried eggs mix in to 6 parts. Divide the fried nuts, raisins and poppy seeds to 7 parts.
- Beat eggs with milk, cardamom powder and sugar in a wide plate.
- grease a non-stick pan with ghee.
- Take a pathiri and dip it in the egg mixture and put it on the pan.
- Spread a part of filling on top of it (banana, egg-coconut stir fry, cashew and raisins and poppy seeds).
- Now cover it with another pathiri dip in egg batter.
- Above that spread another part of filling and continue the process for 6 layers.
- Lastly put the the top layer of pathiri and garnish it with cashew, raisins and poppy seeds.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of it.
- Cook covered it on low flame for about 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully flip in to the other side and cook for another two to three minutes.
- Cut in to pieces and serve warm.
Disclaimer: All details published and represented above is part of the submissions by the author. aircooks does not take any responsibility for the information published and the correctness of the same. The views expressed in the content belong to the content creators and are not the organisations, its affiliates, or its employees. The author and aircooks disclaim liability for any damage, mishap, or injury that may occur from engaging in any activities or ideas from this website. Please write to [email protected] for any further discussions.