- The information we collect about you
- We will only collect and hold Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, to deliver our products and services to you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- The type of Personal Information that we collect and use depends on the type of dealings that you have with us and includes the following:
- contact details (for example, full name, address, mobile and telephone numbers and email address);
- Partner details (for example business name, business owner’s names, ABN, main business contact details (such as contact person, email, address and telephone and mobile numbers and website address) and third party payment processor account details);
- Customer details (for example, full name, delivery address, email address and telephone number);
- information relating to your dealings, or enquiries you have made, with us, including information about the products and services you have ordered through the Aircooks Platform;
- payment and billing information (for example, credit and debit card details, bank account details and third party payment processor account details);
- information regarding your access and use of our website and the Aircooks Platform, including location information, your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on your website, dates and times of visits to our website and other usage statistics; and
- other information that you provide to us or that we may collect in the course of our relationship with you.
- Aircooks do not collect your Sensitive Information (as defined by the Privacy Act).
- How we collect Personal Information
- We will collect Personal Information about you in a number of different ways. We may collect Personal Information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you. For example, when:
- a user (whether you are a Customer or Partner) access and use the Aircooks Platform (including when a user opens an account or creates or update their profile on, or, via, the Aircooks Platform);
- a user (whether you are a Customer or Partner) contacts and correspond with us;
- a Customer makes a request for products and services offered for sale on, or via, the Aircooks Platform
- a Customer and Partner correspond with each other through the Aircooks Platform, to facilitate the delivery of products and services;
- a user (whether you are a Customer or Partner) subscribes to our publications, alerts and newsletters, or information you provide to us when you send us an email;
- a user (whether you are a Customer or Partner) makes a query, request or complaint through the Aircooks Platform, through a linked social media website, by email or via telephone;
- a user (whether you are a student or trainer) provides their Personal Information to third parties (including our related bodies corporate, business partners and service providers); or
- when otherwise legally authorised or required to do so.
- When we collect Personal Information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you (using a collection notice) at, before, or as soon as practicable after, the time of collection.
- How we use your Personal Information
By using the Aircookerss Platform, you consent to us using your Personal Information for the purposes disclosed herein. We do not sell your Personal Information. We use and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which the information is collected, including (but not limited to) to:
- provide you with access to, and use of the Aircooks Platform;
- enable Customers to make order or purchase products and services through the Aircooks Platform;
- enable Partners to advertise their products and services through the Aircooks Platform;
- enable Customers and Partners to connect and correspond with each other through the Aircooks Platform;
- facilitate the provision of products and services between Customers and Partners;
- assist with responding to any queries, requests or complaints raised by a visitor to the website or a user of the Aircooks Platform (whether a Customer or Partner) regarding the Aircooks Platform or another user of the Aircooks Platform (whether a Customer or Partner);
- inform you about our website, the Aircooks Platform, our products or services (including any modifications and enhancements to the Aircooks Platform), or other matters which we believe are of interest to you (such as promotions, events, products and services offered for sale by Partners on, or via, the Aircooks Platform);
- share such Personal Information with our third party providers;
- charge and bill you for the use of the Aircooks Platform;
- for marketing purposes; and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
- In order to provide or deliver the Aircooks Platform to you, we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers, third party contractors, agents or suppliers;
- in the case of Partners, to Customers who wish to order or purchase your products and services;
- in the case of Customers, to Partners who wish to sell or supply products and services to Customers;
- authorised external service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as financial and credit card institutions in order to process any payments, internet and technology services providers, web developers, software as a service providers (for example, Amazon Web Services), hosting companies and cloud-based storage providers, marketing, advertising and security service providers, fulfilment companies, credit reporting agents, debt collection agents, market research and recruitment service providers;
- external business advisors, such as auditors, lawyers, insurers and financiers,
(collectively, Third Party Providers).
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to:
- to any other party with your consent and direction; and
- law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities to assist with their functions, or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
- Prior to the disclosure of Personal Information to Third Party Providers, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the Third Party Providers treat your Personal Information securely and otherwise complies with the relevant Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the Personal Information.
- We use a third party payment processor to process payments made to us. In
connection with the processing of such payments, we do not collect, process, use,
share, store or disclose any Personal Information or payment information (such as
credit card and bank account details). Rather, all such information is provided directly
- Marketing communications
- We may use and disclose your Personal Information to send you information about the services we offer, as well as other information that may be of interest to you. We may send this information in a variety of ways, such as by mail, email, SMS, telephone, social media or by customising online content and displaying advertising on our website.
- If you do not wish to receive any of these marketing communications, you can opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant marketing communication, or by contacting us using the contact details set out in section 12 below.
- Overseas disclosures of Personal Information
- In the course of providing you with our products and services through the Aircooks Platform, it may become necessary or desirable to disclose Personal Information to Third Party Providers located overseas. The countries in which these overseas recipients may be located will depend upon the individual circumstances. However, in the course of our ordinary business operations we commonly disclose Personal Information to Third Party Providers who may be located in the following countries: the United States of America, India, United Kingdom, European Union, Singapore and Japan
- The laws where these overseas recipients may be located provide various levels of protection for Personal Information which are not always equivalent to the level of protection that may be provided for in Australia. Where we transfer your Personal Information overseas we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards.
- Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your Personal Information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you and the Australian Information Commissioner as soon as practicable, in accordance with notifiable data breach scheme contained in Part IIIC of the Privacy Act.
- Security of your Personal Information
- We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the Personal Information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our online services and any transmission is at your own risk.
- We will destroy or de-identify Personal Information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
- Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
- We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure Personal Information we hold is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
- If at any time you would like to access or correct the Personal Information we hold about you, or you would like more information about our approach to privacy, please contact us via the contact details set out in section 12 below. If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
We use small text files placed on your computer called ‘cookies’ to collect standard log and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. We use this information to analyse how visitors use our Website, and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your computer to reject cookies, but this may affect your ability to use certain parts of our website.
- Privacy complaints